Friday, July 10, 2009


L and I took a trip to the river last week to gather some rocks and flowers. Being there really makes me feel alive and refreshed....despite the "river smell". When I was a child, I would spend summers with my grandmother and play in the river most of the day. My cousins and I would build Tee-pees on this huge rock in the middle of the river, and have sandwiches and snacks in them. We would collect rocks and shells, and smooth colored glass that you'd find every now and then under the rocks. It is one of my very favorite childhood memories, and although my grandmother passed away several years ago, it is still so fresh in my mind. I have dreams about being with her all the time, and living those days again. It is one of the happy places I go when things get bad, and I feel it will always be a magickal place for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment